Monday, August 28

Snoddy blames Slaven for his departure


Interesting to read Robert Snodgrass's comments after joining Aston Villa on loan. He blames Slaven Bilic for his poor form, insisting he was either a right winger or a number 10.  “I went to West Ham and I had a manager that played me out of position. To be honest with you it was very tough to take, " Snodgrass told the press. "I spoke to the manager and said to him, 'You wanted me to try and replace Payet, it's not my position'. I couldn't have made that any more clear. When I spoke to him this season I said 'I need to play my position, I need a run of games in my position'." 

There are two sides to every story of course, and players are always looking for excuses, but Snodgrass doesn't appear impressed by Bilic's man-managemnt: "I haven't enjoyed not knowing what's happening. Nobody's spoken to me at West Ham really and it's a weird feeling. I've always had a British-based manager who has talked to me and had a good relationship with, so to have that feeling back is a good feeling."

Which all seems to indicate the Snodgrass was a £10m panic buy and wasn't used correctly when at the club. He's not a great player, but he is normally a useful one, and we should have seen more from him than we did.

No comments: