Saturday, August 13

More strike power for the Hammers

Another striker has arrived at West Ham in the form of 22-year-old Jonathan Calleri. The Guardian reports that WHU had to pay £4 million to secure him on a year-long loan in a complicated economic rights deal with the Stellar Group. An Argentina Under-23 international, he made his name with Boca Juniors and then Uruguayan side Deportivo Maldonado (not a team from Maldon, Essex). 

Meanwhile Jermaine Jenas in the Evening Standard picked out Andy Carroll as one of his Premier League players with something to prove. And it seems like his "missus" Billi Mucklow is having a good influence. After the Juventus game Andy revealed in the Standard: “It started probably when my missus got on my case. I thought, ‘I have to listen to her’... I’ve had to take a step back, go in the gym, do some lighter work or have a second recovery day where before, I would be out there on the pitch and wanting to be there all the time. With my second goal against Juventus, I took out four players including some of my own team-mates. I used to do that in training as well which wasn’t very good for me – or our players." Wonder if there's a place for Billi on our coaching staff
?

No comments: