Thursday, September 29

We need to talk about Kevin

Kevin Nolan admits he's going through a spell of poor form in yesterday's Standard and hints at homesickness. He says: "I'm not happy with my own form, but it's been quite difficult. I've moved to a city where I never thought I'd live and I have my family."

Maybe the lads should introduce him to the TOWIE-style delights of Sheesh and the King William IV in in Chigwell to help our Scouser captain settle in down south. He scored 16 goals for Newcastle when they went up so it's vital we get him contributing again. He's never going to be another Scott Parker, but he endured a difficult early spell at Newcastle before coming good.

Our midfield still lacks a creator. Could it be time to drop Noble and bring in Collison? Or maybe even return Gustave Faubert to the wing where he had a fine game against Forest and almost made the winner - had Bentley not missed - against Millwall. And then there's Diop and Demel to consider... If we're going to play five across the middle it's vital we get the balance right,

No comments: